Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Slow, but not necessarily steady

My word count is somewhere around 3,700 words right now, but I'm not certain. This would be because I, er, took a day off already. Yes, dear readers, in the thralls of a difficult scene that will set the tone for the rest of the novel, I skipped a day of writing yesterday and am already regretting it. I think I'm supposed to be somewhere around 8,330 by this point.

The positive side to all of this is that I am really thinking through my project this year and have a pretty clear idea of what tone and approach I am taking, without needing to experiment as heavily as I did last year in the course of the story. (There were some dreadfully ridiculous and unnecessary scenes written dripping with sarcasm that was not at all in keeping with the rest of the story.) I have an idea how I want to guide the plot while still leaving a lot of room for my characters to surprise me.

Now all that's left to do, I suppose, is to actually write.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home