Monday, November 05, 2007

Slow and steady wins the race.

Okay. So I've hardly broken 3000 words, and it's been a few days. Mostly writing during my lunch break, a few minutes before work, and a few minutes before bed. I really want this to be a real novel though, not some silly random thing, like the 50,010 word wonder I wrote last year.

Still, it's hard to give my characters any...character. I'm too worried about plot logistics. I threw in some physics and mathematics. I don't know about either of these things. I was a music and writing major, for crying out loud. I need to hire a researcher. What is a plausible theory that is (in real life) impossible, that could transport two twentysomethings into some other world?
Well, I'll make up some good stuff. That's not a problem. The rules of this game don't say that anything I write has to be believable.

I should make up a memoir of my life. Write someone else's life. I keep getting other ideas in my head, and get sidetracked.

On Wednesday I am leaving for Seattle, and will be gone until Sunday night, visiting a good friend. I wonder how much writing I will get done. I purposefully got a few hours off work so I can get to the airport extra early and plug into some wall somewhere, and write until it is time to fly away to the west coast. Actually, I think I get to fly to GA or TX first. I've never been to either of those places either.

Anyway. Writing on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home