Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blue

One day, we woke up and everything was blue. The sky was blue, and that was normal for a late summer morning. But other things were blue, too. The carpet was blue and the bedposts were blue. My pajamas were blue, and so were everyone else’s. The walls were blue, and, well, everything was just very blue.

I walked down the blue staircase and through the blue living room, noting the blue couches and curtains, and the blue television set.

I entered the blue kitchen and began to make coffee . . . blue coffee? No. The coffee was its normal brown color, with not a hint of blue in it. This confused me greatly, but I knew that coffee would be necessary for progress towards an explanation about the color that was taking over the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home